Want a better land buying experience? Start with a broker.
We get questions about the recreational, hunting and timberland properties we sell all the time, and one of the most popular questions is: Are there advantages to working with a real estate professional during my land search, and in particular, a Potlatch broker?
The simple answer? Yes. There are a number of benefits to working with a broker as you get started with a property search, and Potlatch Preferred Brokers offer distinct advantages of their own.
- Working with a Potlatch Broker early in the process will save you time, and will make your search easier. Looking for properties in Minnesota, Idaho, Wisconsin or Arkansas, you could easily get lost looking at all of the recreational properties online. An experienced broker will get you straight to the properties that fit your needs in terms of location, timber value, price and recreational opportunities.
- A Potlatch Broker will know the ins and outs of recreational property purchases. The brokers on the Potlatch team all have deep experience in selling recreational property, and this is important. Many real estate professionals say they are experts in recreational property, but aren’t. This expertise should cover everything from understanding timber to knowing how a property could fit into someone’s outdoor passion, such as hunting or snowmobiling.
- Understanding the timber part of a purchase is important and requires special skills and experience. A veteran recreational broker will either know about timber quality and values from personal experience, or will have relationships with experts who can provide this information quickly. Foresters and local real estate professionals seamlessly blend their working knowledge, making the Potlatch team second to none on this point in the marketplace.
- A recreational broker understands the market. By being part of the Potlatch network, Potlatch Brokers exchange information and knowledge with each other, helping them as they assist buyers with such questions as: What lending options are there for recreational property in my area? How do I figure out if I can get utilities to a certain property? Or, what impact might zoning regulations or CCRs have on a property I am looking at?
- Using a Potlatch Broker costs the buyer nothing. The fees related to a Potlatch Broker’s time selling Potlatch property is covered by the company. Potlatch only sells property through its Preferred Broker Network, meaning that these extremely attractive properties in Minnesota, Arkansas, Wisconsin and Idaho are only available through our brokers.
Want to learn more about the Potlatch team? Read profiles on each one of brokers at our website, see the areas each represent or start your search today with a call or e-mail to the Potlatch Broker who works in the area you’re interested in. Find a broker in your neck of the woods here.