As the New Year begins, it’s a good time to think about your goals for 2017. And if one of your goals is to buy your own piece of recreational property, this is a great time to start the process. Here are five reasons why:
- Buying now gives you the opportunity to use your property in the year ahead. Tired of hunting on your friends’ land? Worn out with driving back and forth when you could have a cabin to stay near your favorite recreation spots? By owning now, you can have a home base for hunting, hiking, boating or whatever you want to do.
- When the weather turns warmer this spring, you will be all set. No need to spend time when the weather is beautiful looking at properties. Do it now, so you have a sale finalized in time for the spring and summer. And if you plan to use the land for hunting, now is a good time to start improving a property’s appeal for wildlife, so it’s ready for the next hunting season.
- If you are planning to finance a property, mortgage rates are still low. Many experts expect interest rates to continue to rise in 2017, so getting a property loan now vs. later would be a smart move.
- If you have younger kids, take the opportunity to spend time outdoors with them now. Before you know it, they will be off on their own. Having a recreational property now gives you a spot to spend time with them – time they will remember the rest of their lives.
- In many parts of the country, land prices are increasing. Historically, land has proven to be a solid investment when compared to many other types of investments. And of course, the sooner you buy, the more time that property will have to appreciate.
“We talk to so many people who have been thinking about buying property for years, but are now realizing they need to make it happen,” said Mark Knight of Davis DuBose Knight Forestry & Real Estate in Arkansas, part of the Potlatch Preferred Broker Network. “As an example, one of our recent buyers had been looking for a property for at least five years and realized now is a great time to buy. He closed on his first property on December 30. It just makes sense to buy now instead of later.”
To get started, contact Mark or any of the professionals in the Potlatch Preferred Broker Network. They will help you quickly figure out what property is best for you, in terms of everything from location to price to recreational opportunities. Call or email one of them now, before 2017 slips by!